Friday, December 12, 2008

The Ladies Man

It was brought to my attention this morning that I had forgotten a VERY important date during my week. This man can only be described as The Ladies Man. Monday afternoon he texted me to confirm our date. He arrived at the barn to pick me up early and had already collected buckets for feed. He hayed my horses while I got their grain ready. We were laughing and joking right away.

I got in his car and we drove to a local seafood place to get crab legs. We got a seat at the oyster bar and told our waitress we would have 3 dinners. Pack up the 3 baked potatoes and we'll just split the 3rd order of crab legs. We chat and laugh while eating our clam chowder.

Our crab legs get there and we dive in. We knocked out the first 2lbs each pretty quick. My date is always willing to help me with those pesky claws. The 3rd order comes out and we polish that one off.

Leaving we make sure we didn't forget the potatoes and head out. We talk about music and other relaxed topics on the way back to the barn. We talk about Christmas and our plans.

He drops me off at the barn, tells me that he loves me, and that he will call me soon. The great part is that I have no doubt in my mind that I will hear from him again soon.




Dads are great....aren't they??

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Awwww! Yes, yes they are.

T Schmidt said...

Can't go wrong there...

So is the restaurant you go to good enough to recommend? I love crab legs/seafood and usually end up at the Hickory Tavern since I live close to one.

Your blog is a fun read. I'd wish you good luck, but I probably mean bad luck so you'll have another good story to tell.