Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gary Busey

Tonight's date was hard to name. He was part White Supremacist and dumb as a rock. Gary Busey seemed to fit best.

To give a little history Gary and I started chatting Sunday online. We talked on the phone Monday night for 45 minutes and Tuesday night for over an hour. We had great conversations and I was excited that I might not have anything to blog about. I could NEVER be that lucky!

It started out very well. We were supposed to meet at 6 but both of us got there way early. He brought me a poinsettia which I thought was very sweet. He said he would have brought flowers but since it was close to Christmas he decided a poinsettia was more appropriate.

The first thing I noticed about him was how old he looked. His pictures online must have been 10+ years old. He said he was 34 but looked closer to 50. He was probably 2" shorter than he claimed online too. I'm not sure WHY men think that you aren't going to notice that they aren't as tall/young as they claim.

After we sat down and ordered he started talking about his job. He is in school to be a teacher and he is starting in the spring. He went on and on about how he was only going to teach at a "rich" school because he didn't want to educate future criminals. That he was going to speak to his new principal about keeping all the "ghetto types" out of his classroom. I couldn't believe it!!

When the waiter brought our food he made faces about what I was eating. I ordered a Cuban sandwich and he apparently has issues with pork. I got a GOOD education on a lot of his issues.... sensitive stomach, allergies, can't have spicy food, doesn't eat pickles, doesn't eat Chinese, thinks that Chick-fil-a is like Chinese food and therefore wrong, scared of heights, scared of blood, and so many more!

Our waiter had been back to the table a few times by now and now Gary was starting to get upset about it. Said the waiter had a crush on me and he was flirting. I ignored him and was praying for the check.

I am VERY worried about him teaching though. We were talking about surgeries and he couldn't understand how people get plates/screw/rods in them. He said he couldn't figure out how doctors got them in there. I tried to explain that it was surgery and that the doctor would cut in and add the metal. He was still lost.

He was admiring the restaurant and asked me about a sign over the bar. It said "Beer Poured at 34 degrees". He thought it was neat that they showed what temperature it was outside. I told him that was what temp their frig for the beer was. He didn't get it.

Finally the date ended and we went our separate ways. I won't be seeing this genius again anytime soon.

6 comments:

Ron "AlbinoMuntjac" Tugnutt said...

Any man that doesn't like a Cuban sandwich, pork, or pickles is no man you need to bother yourself with....

PiaffePlease said...

He doesnt like Chick-fil-a?!? Its like Chinese? He didnt understand the beer sign or that the rods were inserted during surgery?

What a werdo. At least you got a free plant!

Corey said...

Heh. I can see him hanging out at the bar waiting until it got cold enough outside to have a drink.

Gotta go now, I'm receiving right ear communication (I'M COMING DONT RUSHME!!!!)

Mary (juby2be) said...

Oh Alex! You poor, POOR thing!

Are you SURE you want to do this until February??

Kate said...

How do people like this survive in the real world?????

Anonymous said...

ooh.. poor gary busey.. don't lump him with this clod! To be fair, I think gary's issues stem from too much drug use.. your gary just sounds like he was born that way..