Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mr Time



Last week I went on a date so mediocre it didn't deserve its own post. It was boring and painful and he called me "dude" like 50 times. Thank goodness it was only for a drink and I didn't have to suffer through dinner.

Lets move on to last night....TOTALLY blog worthy!(as my Dad says)

Mr Time is recently out of the military and just moved to the area. I picked the place and he picked the day and time. So we meet at one of the BEST little diners around. They have even been on the Food Network Channel a few times.

I was embarrassingly a few minutes late. I sent him a text letting him know and he said that he was running late too.

I get there and we sit at the bar. Originally we were meeting to get a drink but he said we should get dinner too after we sat down.

The conversation is a little rough at first but he responds in paragraphs to questions I ask him and is pretty easy to talk to....unless of course you expect him to ask questions about YOU.

Sadly I'm getting really good at forcing conversation and picking questions that require longer answers. I don't think past "How are you?" He asked me a single question. I did ALL the asking.

When we order our food he gets rude with the waitress. NOT a good idea! These waitresses aren't to be messed with. Think Kat Von D! He tells her to pick something for him to eat but it better be good because he will blame her if his food sucks. UGH!

Once we get our food and are almost finished he starts looking at his watch. I asked him(see another question! LOL) if he had somewhere to be afterwards. He said No, he just liked knowing what time it is.

He checked his watch every 3-4 minutes!! Finally around 7:45 he says its getting late and he needs to get going. We walk outside and he starts commenting on what type of tires I have on my truck and how another brand name of tires were especially made for my truck and how I should go get them.....now. LOL

As I was driving home I realized I was HIS bad date.....but in all fairness he can't judge me....he doesn't know ONE DAMN THING ABOUT ME!!! LOL

P.S. Bubba J wants another shot and keeps my phone and email pretty lit up. Don't worry....he isn't going to get one.

3 comments:

SweetPea said...

Your blog is my "dating Bible". Keep 'em coming.

36 & Single

PiaffePlease said...

Ive had this problem with men in the past. Its one of my pet peeves. Ask ME something! I would do all the asking, and then Id stop to see if he would ask me a question and there was just silence. I wouldnt even get a "returned question". One where I say, for example, "where did you grow up?" and he would answer but not ask that question back to me.

In my experience, the guys that do this end up being very selfish and self absorbed.

Poor Bubba J, haha, Im glad you are sticking to your guns on not going out with him again. No reason to lead him on.

Walk On said...

One getcha ten that he complains that you talked too much after he did all the talking.