Monday, December 15, 2008

Gny Sgt Hartman



This was a date a few months ago. It might have actually been the first Match.com date I had. GSH and I had emailed, chatted online, and talked on the phone. We met at a local steakhouse. He was a good ole southern boy. I got to the restaurant a little early and when he showed up he was talking on his cell. Not a big deal but he stood there for another few minutes chatting. While he was pacing and talking I noticed he was another "shorter than advertised" guy.

We sit down and he starts talking about his job. He is a recruiter for the Army or National Guard, I can't remember. He was saying how he is the best in the state and has won a lot of awards and how he was currently "raking them in".

The conversation was a little forced but not horrible. I was getting a lot of one word answers. We started talking about vehicles. He asked me what I drove and what kind of truck I like. I happened to mention that I didn't like short beds on trucks. That if I was going to have a truck, I would use it so much that a short bed wouldn't cut it. He then informed me that there was nothing wrong with a short bed. I agreed but told him that I just wouldn't buy one. Then he got UPSET. Apparently he drove a short bed truck and was taking it personally. I had to explain to him that I didn't have a problem with HIM driving a truck like that.

This was all before our salads! Then we started talking about my job. That I had recently left a barn in the area and was happily doing my own thing. He then offers to go burn their barn down. I told him that I hoped he was kidding...........he wasn't. I told him that no matter how much I didn't get along with someone there is NO WAY I would EVER want anything to happen to them or their animals. He said he understood and we could let all but a few of the "expensive show horses" out and then just let those burn with the barn. Thankfully this was as I was finishing my steak and I got up and left.

I do feel good that I didn't give any details about where I work, live or where this farm was.

2 comments:

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

Whoa...that's pretty scary!!! I'm glad you didn't give him any information, either.